Friday, December 25, 2009

My Christmas in Kuching

Honestly, I do not celebrate Christmas Day as I am not a Christian. Anyway, I did not waste such a day in Kuching. Together with my friends, I went out for the whole day. XDIt all started during the first second of 25th December. In my room, I was able to see the firecrackers through the windows. It was awesome. Beautifully presented. ^^V Moreover, the firecrackers show was continuous for almost 15 minutes! How much they have spent on this, I wonder. Anyway, I believe everyone enjoyed watching that especially those celebrating it as Christmas is a grand festival for them. Surprisingly, after the scene on firecrackers, I received 3 presents from my roommate, William. Wow, it was not expected. His parents sent the presents through the post. Thanks so much, William and his family. Merry Christmas!!!

Later, I headed to the common lounge to continue watching the movie shown. It was about the zombies... "Shanghai Noon" continued after that. Due to the tiredness, I went to sleep reluctantly. It was already 1.30am.
Consequently, I woke up at about 10am this morning. Hehe... Wasting the time on lining, I realised that it was about 1pm. Time to visit a friend, Zachery's home. A group of us went there by Ah Cheng's and Zach's cars. His house was a wooden house but with 2 Astros. LOL...

"Kampung" life is not bad. The air is refreshing and I was quite surprised to find such a house in Kuching. No offence, Zach. Nonetheless, we were given a warm welcome and served with a variety of delicious food. Yummy! Thanks Zach and his family. The most unique dish is the chicken cooked with wine and tea leaves. Delicious for the Sarawakians but not for the West Malaysians. The taste is a bit weird as we are not get used to it. May be it will take time for us to like it. XD One more, it was durian! First time tasting the local Sarawak durian, I will just say nice!!!I love Zach's cousin. She is very chubby and fat. She can laugh loudly and non-stop. What a child! We then left the house at 5.30pm and went back to the hostel.After an about one hour rest, Wei, Vincent, Boon and I went out again for our dinner. We went to MCJ Batu Kawa as a food and fun fair is held there. It is called the "Fabulous Food 1 Malaysia". Actually, I just knew this through Vincent just now though this fair was started on 1st December. XD

Filling up the stomach, we went walked around the shops there. There are a lot of clothes' shops and I managed to buy a cheap T-shirt. Tired and exhausted, we reached our hostel.

One phrase to conclude today's activities: Simple but quite enjoyable. Again, to those who celebrate Christmas, merry Christmas!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to tell you that, I am sorry. Hahaha
    Just to make you crazy, huuu,
    Sorry for not always keep up with your story,
    but we will meet each other soon, dont know whether you have change a lot or not???

    That day (Christmas eve), I did go for countdown, and went back late, but I didt write down, hehe, but I do very happy to hear from you. Because you have find the way to cope there, good luck and take care. Friends forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. teng, very soon~~
    we will meet d..
    christmas was nice but not new year eve..
    had a fall that day.. T.T
    Friend 1314^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nonononono..............
    how did this possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no how come one.. haha. cz its me.. wakaka

    ReplyDelete